Three months. Ugh. It is seriously unfair how time flies. I want him to stay this age FOREVER. It’s just the sweet spot of baby-hood, I’m convinced: sleeping through the night, giggly, snuggly, and just downright happy.
This travelin’ fool got a few more trips under his belt: a flight out to Arizona and then a road trip all the way back to the east coast. Add “super-portable” to the list of awesome things about a three-month-old. He really only started complaining at about hour 20 of the road trip and at that point I was tired of being in the car, too, so I really can’t blame him.
This month also marked the end of my maternity leave so back to work I went (not without protest!) but the silver lining is that our amazing nanny joined the family and we don’t know how we survived without her. My new biggest fear in life is that she’ll realize putting up with children that aren’t your own isn’t such a great gig after all and she’ll move on to bigger and better things. This keeps me awake at night more than the baby.
Little Fox still refuses to sleep in his crib longer than 30 minutes at a time but will sleep for hours on end pretty much anywhere else. I suppose there are worse things. Thankfully he’s pretty content looking at his mobile so he’s happy for a while, even if he’s not sleeping.
- bodysuit + leggings : nothing beats the baby staples of a bodysuit and comfy pants. I’m really not even sure why they make jeans for babies – those things are ridiculously uncomfortable. No one wants an uncomfortable baby.
- finn + emma play gym : the gym is a hand-me-down from Saurus but I got the new one some new woodland animals to hang from it. HUGE HIT. The little animals also unsnap and can be attached to things like a carseat to provide something to look at besides a car seat for hours on end.
- carseat blanket : lifesaver. This has slots for the straps to run through so you don’t have to figure out how to keep your baby bundled and buckled at the same time. Plus it has little tag thingies to keep little hands busy. It gets so cold riding around checking the cows but the little guy stayed toasty warm and snuggly in here. Kinda wish I had one for me.
- windi : me, before: “yeah. no. I think my kid can do without a bum whistle. Gross. And nope. Not doing it.” Me, after: “Yup, we’re doing it. Still gross but now gross and awesome. These europeans have some weird stuff but it works! They know what’s up with babies”
- security blanket : I had bunches of these from when Saurus was little but he never wanted anything to do with them (except for the bunny). So of course, Little Fox is obsessed with them, especially the monster one (which they no longer sell. Sad.) Those little hands need something cuddly AT ALL TIMES. We don’t go anywhere without Monster.
- heatable plush : I’m not even sure what to call this thing besides “winner”. It’s super soft and cuddly for one, but also filled with some sort of something (flax seed and lavender maybe?) that gives it some weight and good smells and microwavability. Pop that sucker in the microwave for a few seconds and then lay him across grumpy baby tummies and BAM! happy baby. And happy baby = happy everyone.