Me: Do you want cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving?
Husband: No, I don’t like cranberry sauce.
…three days later…
Me: Menu’s all set!
Husband: No cranberry sauce?
Me: You don’t like cranberry sauce.
Husband: Yes, I do. Just on sandwiches. Like for leftovers.
Me: You’re killing me. What kind of sauce do you like?
Husband: The goopy kind.
Me: How about spicy?
(also, don’t mind the messy pictures…we were too hungry to take the time to set up good ones…)
- 1/2 C orange juice
- 1/2 C water
- 3/4 C pure cane white sugar
- 2 C fresh cranberries
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and minced
- 1 jalepeno, seeded and minced
- In small saucepan, stir together all ingredients over medium-high heat.
- Allow to simmer (but not boil), stirring occasionally, until desired thickness. (about 15 minutes).
- It’s just that easy.
- In case you need a serving suggestion, Husband recommends turkey dinner and leftover sandwiches.