I ordered Saurus chocolate milk with his happy meal:
Saurus: Oh! You got me chocolate milk? Because I was being so good today?
Saurus: That’s my girl!
Something tells me he’s been listening to his dad a little too much.
I don’t think I’d ever run out of bueno flavored fun but decided I should try doing some of the ingenuity myself. Starting with cupcakes, obviously. And they might be the cupcakes to beat all cupcakes. A fantastic vanilla cake (courtesy of Live Well, Bake Often), filled with white chocolate hazelnut cream (make a double batch and put it on everything), and topped with fluffy Nutella frosting (also, put that on everything). That’s my girl.
- 2 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 C butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 C pure cane sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 C sour cream, room temperature
- 1 C crushed vanilla wafers
- 2 C hazelnuts, skins removed, if possible
- 2/3 C white chocolate chips, melted
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C salted butter, room temperature
- 3 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 C powdered sugar, sifted
- heavy cream, as needed for consistency
- melted milk chocolate, for drizzle
- kinder buenos
- 1 C Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla. Add in the sour cream and mix until fully combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined, making sure not to over mix the batter.
- Scoop the batter into the a lined cupcake tin, filling about 2/3 full.
- Top generously with crushed vanilla wafers
- Bake in separate batches at 350F for 18-22 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a skillet over medium heat, roast the hazelnuts for about 10 mins, stirring frequently. It should smell fantastic and not burned.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until smooth. Add more sweetened condensed milk to consistency, if needed.
- Fill cooled cupcakes with this fantastic mixture or just eat it with a spoon.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat butter and cream cheese together until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar and beat well.
- Stir in nutella until well combined and beat until mixture is fluffy again.
- If needed for consistency, add a little heavy cream and beat well.
- Pipe onto cooled and filled cupcakes.
- Top with a drizzle of melted milk chocolate and a bueno, of course.