Since the morning after his birthday last year, Husband has been asking for another beer tasting party. Therefore, the Hunter House Beer Tasting has become an annual event coinciding nicely with his birthday. Easy for me, happy for him. I wanted to make this an extra special event for him considering what an incredible man he is and how much I love him. I think we achieved the goal.
The intent was that each guest would see the giant sign I made and placed at the front door, grab a rating booklet, pencil, and glass, and head out back. What ended up happening was everyone smelled BBQ and went directly through the house, skipping my system entirely. Oh well, I tried.
I rented tables and had a giant tub filled with ice at each one, along with a label for each type of beer. Guests placed their beers in the corresponding tubs and commenced sampling.
I printed this fork, knife, and spoon onto brown paper sacks I got at Sam’s (which only came in bulk so now I have 467 left…). Stuffed some flatware inside (plastic, of course), stapled it, and then put some tape on top so that no one would notice that I was lazy and stapled everything.
- Brisket & Pulled Pork Sandwiches – the brisket is a popular party food around here and the pork is a new favorite that Husband found in a Food Network magazine. Accompanied by his Homemade BBQ Sauce
- Build-your-own Mac and Cheese – a giant pan of my favorite mac and cheese recipe with toppings galore
- Fruit & Veggie Trays (brought by an amazingly wonderful friend who is eight months pregnant and still manages to look amazing and show up to parties bringing glorious treats. I’m jealous. At my 8-month mark, I was mostly just trying to fit into sweatpants and trying to consume my (substantial) body weight in milkshakes.)
- Build-your-own Fruit Pizza – Sugar cookies, “frosting”, fruit, and orange glaze
- Guinness Truffles (recipe here! but I can tell you the inspiration came from the same place as the pretzel cigars. That lady knows what’s going on.)
- 3 Bean Porter Cupcakes vanilla beans + espresso beans + beer (beans) There needed to be three beans…
- S’more Cookies – another favorite. Perfect for summer BBQs when you want s’mores without actual flames in your backyard. I think Husband always worries I’ll catch the house on fire.
- Sparkling Fruit Tea – Oh my goodness, this is amazing and my new go-to party drink. I dislike tea but I LOVE this. I made a peach version and a raspberry version with herbal tea. Amazing. You can find the recipe/instructions here.
- Chocolate-Covered Pretzel Cigars – so fun and easy! I found the instructions here (pretzels + chocolate) and made my own cigar bands out of craft paper
- Homemade Soft Pretzels – I’m still working on perfecting the recipe, but these are pretty darn good! A close second to the ones at the mall that make me drool every time I get within smelling distance. If I can remember how to make them, I’ll pass on the recipe!
- BEER, BEER, BEER, and more BEER.
Click on the thumbnail for PDF versions for the printables – help yourself!