One of my tastebuds’ favorite dishes is Eggplant Parmigiana. The waistband of my jeans, however, groans and judges me harshly each time I even look at the golden fried goodness. So I started my quest to stay within my Weight Watchers points, eat gluten-free, and still make my tastebuds sing. Ladies and Gentlemen, I have hit the recipe jackpot. Even my all-american, meat-eating husband called it “freaking delicious”. Enjoy!
guiltless eggplant parmigiana
1 cup finely crushed cornflakes (use your Ninja. What’s that? You don’t have one? Remedy that.Immediately)
3 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley
1 cup egg beaters
1 can (29oz) tomato sauce
1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
3 slices provolone cheese (torn up)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine dry ingredients (first 6 on the list) in one bowl and pour egg beaters in another. Remove skin from eggplant and slice no thicker than 1/2-inch.
3. Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in cornflake mixture, making sure to coat completely. Place on non-stick baking sheet.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and bake for another 10.
5. In a casserole dish, layer baked eggplant slices, 1/3 of tomato sauce, 1/3 of cheese. Repeat twice more.
6. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
7. Serve and let your tastebuds dance.
Here are some less-than-excellent photos: (unfortunately, there is no finished product pic. We ate it before I remembered.)
…and cheese. Repeat two more times. (I had some left-over cornflake mixture so I threw that on top, too. Why not?) Bake for 10-15 mins and viola! Your husband will love you so much, he’ll even do the dishes.